Tankless Water Heater Services
Tankless systems are becoming more and more popular. Instead of a storage reservoir, water is heated as needed. Most units can supply 3.5 to 5 gallons per minute. Prices on tankless units are continuing to drop which makes them a good choice for any home. For systems that require more than then a 5 gallon capacity, consider adding a second unit. These systems are extremely energy efficient and require little to no upkeep.
As the name suggests, a tankless, or on-demand, water heater does not store water in a tank. They heat the water on demand using gas or electric coils as the water passes through the unit. This feature eliminates the standby energy losses that you incur with a storage tank.
Pros of Tankless Water Heaters
- Perhaps the greatest benefit of using a tankless water heater is they are extremely energy efficient and require little to no upkeep which often means lower utility bills and maintenance costs.
- They are smaller and can be easily installed in tight spaces or on the exterior walls of your house.
- Theyare capable of providing 2 to 3 gallons of on demand hot water each minute.
- If maintained properly, tankless heaters can last for 20 to 30 years, nearly twice the life of most storage tank heaters.
- They can provide unlimited hot water so long as they are operating within their normal capacity.
- Tankless water heaters often offer longer warranties.
Cons of Tankless Water Heaters
- The upfront costs for tankless heaters are higher than those of traditional heaters but, as a result of their energy efficiency, save you money over time.
- If you are simultaneously running too many appliances that use hot water, there is a chance the heater will fail to meet your hot water demands for every device.
We can help! Contact us today to schedule your service.
Please fill out the form below and we will reach out soon to schedule your service.
Why choose Prime?
We don’t try to be Maryland’s top plumbing powerhouse. We are just a friendly, reliable local plumber that cares about our customers.
“Nothing but good words to say about the team at Prime Plumbing. I had a severe leak in my kitchen. Previous contractor did not install my new sink and garbage disposal correctly. I called Prime, they sent Ryan (just excellent) and he clearly explained what the problem was and provided several solutions. I agreed to the terms and Ryan did a bang up job with the repair and clean up. I will definitely call Prime for my plumbing needs.”
– Carlton D, December 2020
“Prime Plumbing LLC could not have been more accommodating for us. Tony was our service tech and he was very knowledgeable and professional. The owners of Prime Plumbing went far beyond to help us during a frustrating time. This company is excellent and I would highly recommend them. My sincere appreciation to their entire team.”
– Donna D, November 2020
“The service we received was beyond our highest expectations. We made a last-minute call expecting to have a technician arrive the next day, but we’re lucky enough to have a technician in the area. He was appropriately covered for COVID-19, extremely personable, professional and very knowledgeable about our make of jacuzzi tub. We received a prompt diagnosis and on the spot repair with minimal interruption of our household.”
– Jeffrey P., October 2020